Background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What a Special Day!

Each night before bedtime, we sit with Taylor as he says his prayers. It's been a ritual that we started when Taylor was young, and it brings me great joy to watch his love for the Lord grow with passing time. Around December of last year, Taylor asked me as I was leaving his room when he was going to get baptized and asked me some questions regarding the experience. I told him that it was a decision that he would have to make and that I would guide him in any way that he chose. A couple of weeks later, around January, he inquired again. When I spoke to him about it, I told him that I would talk with Hayes (Our Pastor) if he was truly serious about this commitment. I didn't want him to take this decision lightly because I believe that it is such a great blessing and symbolism of your faith to God. 
We set up a meeting with Hayes and he spoke to Taylor about the meaning behind baptism and made sure that he was sure about his decision. Taylor said that he understood and was ready for the commitment that he was about to take. You can't imagine the joy it brought to my heart to know that my little boy was making such a powerful testimony for his love for God. As parents, we often worry about whether we make the right decisions in regards to our children. Are we being the positive influence that God would desire? Are you teaching them enough?
A parent's concerns are never ending.
Taylor's one request was that he get to be baptized in the fountain outside our church like I did. He said 'I don't want to go down in front of the whole church. I just want my friends and family there and do it like you did, Mama.' So we fulfilled his request.
 
 
(Yes, Mother of the Year, forgot his waterproof shield for his cast)
 
 
 
 
 
As requested, our dearest friends and family joined together to celebrate one of the most greatest blessings we could experience with Taylor, being a child of God that wants to live a life through him.


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment